Effective Date: 6/10/2022 | Last Updated On: 6/10/2022
While you use our website, we are processing your Personal Information. You have the right to know what we do with it and the choices you have over your Personal Information.
- When we say “we”, “us” and “our”, we are referring to Lion’s Den because we determine the manner of and purposes for processing your Personal Information, and we are responsible for ensuring we do so in compliance with applicable regulations;
- When we say “you”, “user” or “individual(s)”, we are referring to the person accessing our website and the person whose Personal Information we are collecting, using and disclosing.
- When we say “processing”, we are referring to the collection, use or disclosure of your Personal Information;
- When we say “service providers”, we are referring to organizations that process your Personal Information on our behalf.
If you have any questions or concerns about this Policy, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or to our toll-free number: 800.345.3308 x752.
- What Personal Information we are collecting and in what circumstances we collect it;
- The purposes for which we collect and use your Personal Information;
- The categories of organizations to whom we may disclose your Personal Information;
- What are your rights and how you can exercise them;
1. What Personal Information do we collect and in what circumstances do we collect it?
We collect your Personal Information under the following circumstances:
- You provide it to us directly; or
- We collect it by using automated means.
1.1. The Personal Information you provide us directly
In short: During the various interactions we have with you, you may be required to provide us with Personal Information. For example, we collect Personal Information when you contact our customer service, sign up to your newsletter, apply to a job, become a member of LD rewards, or enter our contests. The Personal Information we collect may vary whether you purchase products and services from us, or if you are a member, or a simple user of our website.
In detail: The Personal Information you provide to us directly are the following:
- Identifiers and profile information, i.e., real name, alias, online identifier, IP address, email address;
- Demographic information, i.e., postal address, province, country of residence, telephone number.
- Sensitive information, i.e., sexual orientation and preferences ;
- Engagement information, such as information on products and services that you purchase, or the promotional offers that you participate in, information relating to your purchase history, and to your commercial relationship with us;
- User Content, such as content of communications, suggestions, questions, comments, feedback, and other information you send to us, that you provide to us when you contact us, or that you post on our website.
1.2. Personal information we collect automatically when you use our website
In short: During each of your visits on our website, we collect information about you via automated means, such as embedded scripts, web beacons, and cookies (“tracking technologies”). For example, cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer or mobile applications by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, and to provide organizations with information on you and on your browsing activities.
In detail: Cookies and other tracking technologies give us access to the following personal information: i) Identifiers of the equipment you use (IP address of your computer), ii) type of operating system, iii) type and version of the browser software, iv) dates and times of connection to our services, v) address of the originating Internet page ("referrer"), vi) browsing data on our services, content viewed;, vii) information relating to your use of our sites, and viii) information relating to the presence of cookies on your terminal.
Cookies can be implemented by us and also by third-party organizations that are our service providers (for example Google sets a cookie to help us measure our audience).
2. For what purposes do we collect, use or disclose your Personal Information?
In short: We collect Personal Information for business or commercial purposes.
In detail: We must have a pre-defined objective to collect your Personal Information.We process your Personal Information for the following purposes.
- Business purposes:
- Auditing our interactions with you (counting ad impressions to unique visitors, verifying positioning and quality of ad impressions);
- Security (detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious or fraudulent activity, and prosecuting offenders);
- To debug and repair our system;
- Performing our services (either by us or by our service provider, e.g., maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, processing or fulfilling orders and transactions, verifying customer information, processing payment);
- Internal Research for Tech Development, e.g., carrying out consumer satisfaction surveys;
- Quality and Safety Maintenance and Verification (improvement, upgrade or enhancement of the service or device owned, manufactured); and
- Management of unpaid bills and disputes;
- Commercial purposes:
- Sending of information on our activity, on our publications;
- Sending of marketing, advertising and promotional offers relating to our products and services by e-mail;
- Personalized customer loyalty or prospecting actions;
- Setting up of contests or other promotional operations;
- Collection of customer opinions;
- Development of trade statistics; and
- Setting up of contests or other promotional or event operations with commercial partners.
- Other purposes:
- To verify your identity and for fraud detection; and
To meet our legal obligations
3. To whom do we disclose your Personal Information
In short: In certain circumstances, we disclose your Personal Information to external organizations (e.g., our service providers, our business partners…) or public authorities. We do not sell, rent or disclose your Personal Information to any third party if you choose to opt-out from that sale.
In detail: We have disclosed your Personal Information to the categories of recipients listed below in the past 12 months:
- Disclosure for Business purposes:
In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have shared your Personal Information to following categories of service providers:
- data analytics providers; and
- operating systems and platforms.
- Disclosure for commercial purposes:
In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have sold your Personal Information to the following categories of third parties.
- advertising networks;
- marketing partners and business affiliates; and
- data analytics providers.
If you decide to subscribe to the products or services of our business partners and you allow them to access some of your information, in particular by logging into their sites or applications, their privacy policies will be applicable to you.
We have no control over the collection, use and disclosure of your information when carried out by our business partners on their own website.
- Public authorities, judicial or administrative authorities
We may disclose your Personal Information when we are required or authorized by law to cooperate with local, national or international law enforcement or other authorities for the reporting of and/or investigation of improper or unlawful activities, or if we need to comply with court orders.
4. How can you exercise your rights of access and deletion?
In short: Subject to certain exceptions and restrictions, you have the right to ask us to delete your Personal Information, or to provide you with information on the Personal Information that we have collected, our sources of collection, the business and commercial purposes for which this information was collected, and the categories of third parties with whom this information has been shared.
In detail: If you are a US resident and wish to exercise these rights, please contact our customer service at email@example.com or to our toll-free number: 800.345.3308
Making a verifiable request does not require you to create an account with us. We will only use Personal Information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify your identity or authority to make the request. To initially verify your identity, we will use the following Personal Information: Name, email, phone number, IP address, dates of use, usage information, your LD rewards membership, your online account.
If we cannot initially verify your identity, we may request additional information to complete the verification process, such as email address, phone number, state or government issue ID or utility bill.
You may designate an authorized agent to exercise your rights on your behalf. We may ask you or the agent to provide proof that the agent has received your authorization to act on your behalf, such as a written and duly signed certificate stating you authorize the agent to act on your behalf.
We will respond to your request within 45 days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. If you have an account with us, we will deliver our written response to that account
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
5. How can you ask us not to sell your Personal Information?
In detail: You can opt out of the sale of your Personal Information Personal Information by clicking on the “Do not sell my Personal Information” link (link to add here). We will stop the sale of your Personal Information no later than 15 days following your request.
We will not discriminate you in case you decide to exercise your rights, which means that we will not:
- Deny you goods or services;
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties;
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services;
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
With respect to the right to opt-out from receiving promotional communications from us, please allow ten (10) business days for your request to be processed. Even after you opt out from receiving promotional messages from us, you may continue to receive transactional and product-related messages from us regarding our services.
6. What happens if we make changes to this Policy?
If you have any questions or concerns about this Policy, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or at our toll-free number (800.345.3308) or via mail at:
110 E Wilson Bridge RD
Worthington, OH 43085